Social and Digital Media Intern
UCP Central PA has an active online presence and could benefit from a dynamic social media intern to contribute to our efforts. This opportunity may be appropriate for the following majors: Communication, Digital Media, Information Technology, and Marketing. The intern will report to the Director of Development and works closely with Digital Media Coordinator.
Monday through Friday 7:30 AM- 5:45 PM
- Assist in the creation and coordination of social media and digital marketing plans, editorial calendars and campaigns
- Check “About UCP” sections on social media for accuracy
- Monitors websites for broken links
- Optimize and manage social media channels
- Market research and development
- Assist in maintaining electronic marketing: website, social media, email campaigns
- Visit UCP program sites to secure social media content
- Content curation for social media and eNews
- Edit photos and video
- Design covers for social media pages
- MUST be an active user of social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
- Must be a creative thinker
- Must be flexible and able to meet deadlines
- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, unifying team members, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
- This is not a virtual position. The applicant should live close enough to come into our offices.
- Knowledge of basic HTML is a plus
back to list