Fundraising & Special Event Intern
This opportunity may be appropriate for the following majors: Human Services, Social Work, Sociology, Management, and Communication. The intern reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the Community Relations Coordinator and Special Event Committees. Help is currently needed with a wide variety of events throughout the year, including a signature gala, sports auction, golf outing, mini-golf bar and restaurant crawl, and walk.
Monday through Friday 7:30 AM- 5:45 PM
- Contact sponsors through letter, email and follow up phone calls and personal meeting
- Help collect information on existing patrons/donors/partner and bring in new patrons/partners.
- Assist designated staff partners/event directors on all facets of assigned events, including but not limited to:
- seeking underwriting support
- obtaining auction items
- facilitating the development and production of event materials
- completing public and media relations efforts
- recruiting and overseeing volunteer committees
- assisting with event logistics in the planning process and at the event and more.
- Works well independently and is well organized.
- Experience or willingness and comfort with “cold call” telephone communications
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing and detail oriented
- Able to work well independently, and with event directors and other appropriate staff as needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends
- Interested in working in a non-profit environment.
back to list