This opportunity may be appropriate for the following majors: Communication, Digital Media, Graphic Design, and Marketing. The intern will report to the Director of Development and works closely with Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
Monday through Friday 7:30 AM- 5:45 PM
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions and discussions pertaining to seasonal events and current creative projects, assist with occasional off-site creative projects including photo shoots and assist with various design projects including ad and print pieces, brochure, and other marketing collateral.
- Assist with the development of media kits and press releases and with dissemination of these items.
- Attend community events as needed to distribute materials and help with the promotion of the organization and its programs and services.
- Conduct visits to the various UCP facilities to deliver materials, take photos, capture stories, etc.
- Assist the department with upcoming promotions through brainstorming, planning, organizing, and executing collateral for events
- Visit UCP program sites to secure print marketing content
- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved interactions.
- Edit and proof other team members work and provide constructive feedback
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing and detail oriented
- Able to work well independently
- Skilled with strong oral and written communication skills
- Interested in working in a non-profit environment.
back to list