There is a wide selection of devices available for you to borrow, including those that can help you:
- Communicate with others
Control your environment
Hear what others are saying
Perform activities of daily living
Given the current economic climate, and the uncertainty regarding state funding of this program, Lending Library procedures and policies are in a state of flux. We encourage you to visit the PIAT website for the most up to date information.
How the Lending Library Works
- Contact the UCP Central PA AT Specialist to request an application to borrow equipment.*
For onsite items, return your completed Assistive Technology Lending Library application to UCP. For offsite items, please complete Techowl's device loan request form and follow the instructions. (After your application is received, you will be informed of an approximate shipping date.)
- At that point, arrangements will be made for pick up or delivery of the device.
- When the loan period is over, the device will be picked up and returned to the Lending Library.
*Requests for devices can be made by the individual in need, a family member, friend or advocate, or another interested third party who is helping identify assistive technology needs (e.g., a therapist or physician, teacher or professor, rehabilitation counselor, nursing home transition coordinator).
UCP Staff Can Help If:
- You don’t know what you need.
- You need help in learning to use the device.
- You would like to see a demonstration of one or more devices.
- You successfully try a device and need help in acquiring it for your own use.
UCP is a Designated ATRC Serving the Following PA Counties:
Regional AT Resource Center List