Community Career Connections
The UCP Community Career Connections Supported Employment Program provides a wide range of support services, from identifying the individual’s job interests to interacting with the employer as needed.
- individual assessment
- career counseling
- job referral
- job development
- job coaching and ongoing support
- student transition to the work force
- links to additional support and resources
- assistive technology
Key to Success
The key to successful career planning for individuals with disabilities is thoughtful consideration of what it is the person likes to do.
- What are her dreams and aspirations?
- What are his interests and abilities?
- What motivates her and brings her joy?
By becoming gainfully employed and a contributing member of their local community, these individuals are given the opportunity to enjoy a productive, inclusive, and fulfilling life that, for some, may result in a self-sufficient lifestyle.